Our goal as an independent professional organization is to contribute to mitigating corruption, promoting transparency and accountability in the public sphere of decision making processes as well as allocation of public funds, moreover to improving accessibility of public interest information.
Government, business actors, policy-makers and the general public condemn corruption, and reject all attempts of bribery. As a result of a corruption-free public life, public funds are used in a transparent way, government funding systems are comprehensible. Public information is available and easily accessible. Representations of interests (advocacy, lobbying) operate in a well-regulated environment in a transparent way.
Our Core Values:
Transparency, accountability, professionalism, integrity, solidarity, courage, fair attitude, democracy, legality, independence, cooperation.
· Transparency International is an independent civil society organization committed to cooperate with the widest range of governmental, profit and not for profit corporations and organizations.
· We undertake to be open, honest and responsible in our relationships with everyone we work with and with each other.
· We are democratic, politically independent and non-partial in our work.
· We definitely condemn corruption wherever it has been reliably evidenced, although we ourselves do not investigate individual cases of corruption.
· The positions we take are based on sound, objective and professional analysis and high standards of research.
· We only accept funding that does not compromise our ability to address issues freely, thoroughly and objectively.
· We provide accurate and timely reports of our activities to our stakeholders.
· We do respect fundamental human rights and freedoms.
· We are committed to cooperating with national chapters world wide.
· We strive for balanced representation in the Government.