The CIB bank provides a secure credit card payment solution for the supporters of Transparency International Hungary. Security is based on the separation of data. Transparency International receives the information connected to the donation, while the CIB bank only receives the details of the credit card necessary for the payment, via the payment site protected by SSL 128 bit encryption. Transparency International does not receive information about the content of the payment site, since only the CIB Bank has access to it. You are informed about the result of the transaction by the site of the Transparency International Hungary. In order to donate via credit card, your browser must support SSL encryption. The donated amount is immediately earmarked on our account. Please read the detailed information below.
What should you pay attention to when donating?
· Read Transparency International’s guide about how we use donations
· Have your donation-related data recorded (transaction identifier, authorization number etc.)
· Make sure that unauthorized people cannot access your credit card information
· Use a browser that supports SSL encyrption
SSL is the abbreviated form of Secure Sockets Layer encryption method. The CIB BANK has a 128 bit encryption key that protects the communication channel. The VeriSign Authentication Service provides the 128 bit key for the CIB bank: this encryption method is used in the 90 percent of the online commercial world. With the help of the SSL your browser encrypts the credit card information before sending it, and it appears as a series of codes in the CIB Bank’s system, therefore it cannot be comprehended by unauthorized people.
The online payment system of the CIB Bank accepts Mastercard/Maestro, VISA and VISA Electron cards, as well as webcards that are suitable for online usage.
Steps of the payment
· Type in the amount of the donation on the online donation page of Transparency International Hungary
· You will be transferred to the secure payment site of the CIB Bank where you can give the credit card information needed for the payment
· You can initiate the payment by clicking on the “Pay” button
· After the payment was transferred you are going to be automatically returned to the Transparency International Hungary website where you will receive a confirmation about the transaction
In case you are not returned to the Transparency International Hungary website, the transaction was unsuccessful. By pressing “Back” or “Refresh” or closing the window the transaction will also be unsuccessful. If you want to receive more information about your transaction please contact the bank where you have your account.